On the third day of testing I decided to embed various types of fabrics into further test using the 2ml glycerol agar recipe.
To date I had been using the green coloured agarose so I decided to see what the material would work by using the clear agarose. It would also give me an opportunity to add some yellow food colouring to the mix. I decided that because the 4ml was interesting but too sticky I would also try to do a selection of samples using a 3ml glycerol agar recipe.
Again I added and stretched different types of fabric to the petri dishes. See images below of the different tests undertaken. Image directly below tests using the 2ml glycerol recipe. Image below that using the 3ml glycerol recipe.
Image above of clear bioplastic with embedded fabric samples.
Above image of clear (left dish) and yellow food dyed (right dish) bioplastic.
Image above 2ml glycerol bioplastic sample brushed onto cotton netting.
Image above 2ml glycerol bioplastic sample brushed onto cotton netting. Artist stretching fabric to check capacity to stretch. 2ml glycerol sample quite brittle.
Samples above 3ml glycerol sample, which was much more robust.