During recent musings on the hairy structure of the sage plant I was reminded of some early experiments I completed with transparent piped silicone.
This led me to doing another few spiky experiments (see images above).
I also decided to add some spiky silicone ‘hairs’ to an unrelated experimental piece that I have been working on. (See the images below).
There were some interesting results from these tests so this is something that I will definitely look into further in the development of this piece.
The other thought that came to me while thinking of the work to be placed in or near the medicinal garden is that I would like to incorporate a more tactile element into this work. I hope that the piece itself or a sample of it will be accessible to the public to touch.
More artistic musing on the sage plant to follow.